ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Friday, November 16, 2007

 

FBB Scan Criteria

Here's what it looks like in plain English:

Here's the Scan Expression:

This scan only produces a list of stocks that meet the criteria above. That list of stocks is then thinned down by checking the recent chart pattern and looking at Insider holdings. You may want to thin the list down more by adding other criteria you deem necessary. Once you have your final list, the trading rules must be applied. Basically the first rule is to set a buy stop just above the breakout candlestick. I normally try to watch the open of trading just to make sure there isn't a big gap up. According to what I've read in S&C mag the chart is to be set up with a 3 day ema and 6 day ema. Once your order gets filled you are supposed to stay in the trade until the 3 day ema crosses below the 6 day ema. I have my own set of trading rules that I follow so I basically ignored the articles info on rules. I suggest you use your own trading rules also.

I've tweaked this basic scan by adding other criteria in order to create other scans. For instance adding a certain PE to find only stocks with positive earnings. Or, by adding criteria to find stocks in a certain sector or market cap. Any how, above is the basic layout, tweak away to help you find the stocks that are breaking out of a Flat Base trading range.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Subscribe in a reader