ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Sunday, January 17, 2010

 

Getting Close

I'm starting to feel more comfortable with the TOS charting format. I've spent the first couple of weeks familiarizing myself with the Prophet Charts and this weekend was spent on the TOS charting. To the left is a dual chart layout showing a 3-day candle chart of the IWM on the left and the daily EWJ on the right. If you click on the chart to enlarge you'll see the IWM is now entering the OLD support level. Could this be the NEW resistance level? On the EWJ chart you will see the recent bullish divergence setup. I now feel pretty confident with the thinkorswim platform but will continue to papertrade until order entry and execution seem second nature to me. When that happens I'll fund my account and get started for real. For now all my real trades are still taking place @ ScottradeElite.

Comments:
How many charts will they allow open Chris?
 
You can frame up to 28 charts in one grid. I trade using (2) monitors so I guess I could actually watch 56 charts on my two screens. My monitors are 21" so things on that scale would be pretty small. I'm planning on building out my trading desk with more screens in the future adding a large wall mount monitor to view the things I look at. When I start trading full time a UPS and another computer will be added for backup!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Subscribe in a reader