ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Saturday, May 17, 2008

 

Garp Scan Updated

The GarpScan is newly updated. This most recent scan produced a list of 17 stocks. Click Here to see the list. I've decided to stick with my orginal Garp Scan Criteria but the stocks will now be ranked by Price/Sales. The paper I received from William Dirlam at DecisionMoose.com inlightened my thinking of which stocks on my scan may provide the best returns. What to look for on the Garp List. 1)Low price/sales ratio. 2)Low debt ratio.
3)Higher than industry average PE ratio. #3 may be a tough one to obtain before a mark-up phase is taking place.
My thinking leads me to believe the chart will still be the most important tool in successful GarpStocks trading. Case in point, the chart to the left for CVLT. It showed up on my May 4th, 2008 scan. It traded in a very tight range then busted out above the trading band this past week for a very good gain. Click on the chart for a better view. Unfortunately for me I didn't own the stock. Although, I did have it in one of my portfolio's for the CNBC $Million challenge. CVLT helped propel that portfolio into the top 1% for most of the week before finishing Friday in the top 2%. I normally don't enter these type of contest. The reason I entered this one is because it's always been a life long dream of mine to go to the Super Bowl. Week 10 weekly prize is Super Bowl tickets. My other portfolio's for the contest all rank anywhere from the top 12% to the top 2%.
You may also click on the post title to take you to my GarpScan google page. Thanks for stopping by and good luck with your trades.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Subscribe in a reader