ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

 

RedDirt's BricTrade Update

Jim Rogers stated about 1 year ago that," the Chinese market is going to correct and I hope I have the whereabouts to BUY." I saw this interview one Saturday morning on Fox Network. Well Jim, are you BUYING? The ol' RedDirt is really starting to see some evidence that this may be the time to take a serious look at the FXI(China) ETF. My BricCharts are really starting to flash some signals at me. First let's take a look at how I determine which of the BricCountry ETF's may out perform the major BricETF EEB. It's really simple. What I do is ratio each individual BricCountry ETF to the EEB as one of my indicators at the bottom of each chart for EWZ , RSX , INP and FXI. Then I look at how that ratio has performed when compared to it's 29 day simple moving average & is the ratio moving up or down. Starting to get the picture?

Now for step #2. The Hong Kong Options Index CHART was just me stumbling across something that I felt would help out when trying to determine market turns. So far it's been working. It's not much different than using the $CPEC(call/put ratio) for an indicator on the $SPX. In fact, it's been working well enough to make it my #1 chart when trying to determine positive or negative divergences.

Last but not least, step #3. When I feel really uncomfortable about going long, I look at that individual chart and determine do I place a market order, place a buy stop just above some nearby resistance or just enter a limit order to try to get filled at some sort of nearby support level. Experience tells me the best order to place is when nearby resistance is violated. I usually get filled about 7 cents above that level. Usually that price is just above the nearest Buy Fractal or the Gator moving averages. ((Visit http://profitunity.com/ for an explanation of Fractals and Gator ma's.)) It could also be just above a bullish reversal candle stick such as a Hammer or Bullish Engulfing pattern.

Here's a little update on the S&P500. As of the market close July 9th, 2008 we are just 1.6% above the 2006 lows which I feel is a very important support level. We are only 5.6% above the really big support level of 1176 neckline of the reverse Head & Shoulder pattern from the last great Bear Market. If you look at the Monthly Chart and the Weekly Chart you will clearly see the support levels I'm talking about.

There will be no RedDirt's Weekly Update this coming Sunday. Sorry to say, I'm turning 47 on Saturday so I'll be recovering from 18 holes of golf and possibly a hangover. Not to mention I'm also scheduled to work Sunday.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck with all your trades!

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Subscribe in a reader